Reputation Reporting Protocol
Roaring Penguin Software Inc. has built a system to collect IP reputation information about SMTP clients. We invite interested parties to join in creating a standard protocol for reporting and collecting this information.
Working Perl client code may be downloaded from this site (here's a direct link to the tarball.)
We have been collecting IP reputation information and have created five DNSBLs based on the reputation information:
- SpamSource is a list of machines that mostly send spam.
- Mixed is a list of machines that send a lot of spam, but also a lot of non-spam. It would be too aggressive to list them in SpamSource.
- GreylistStumbler is a list of machines that do not pass the greylisting hurdle.
- InvalidRecip is a list of machines that send to many invalid recipients.
- Good is a list of machines that mostly send ham, have no problems passing greylisting, and have clean recipient lists.
You may test these lists (with manual, low-volume lookups only) at our lookup page.